The Commission published the Farm to Fork and Biodiversity strategies in May 2020. These two strategies were presented in the context of the European Green Deal to enable the transition towards the increased sustainability of our food systems and to tackle the key drivers of biodiversity loss. They include the targets, to be reached by 2030, of a reduction by 50% of the use and risk of pesticides, a reduction by at least 20% of the use of fertilizers, a reduction by 50% in sales of antimicrobials used for farmed animals and aquaculture, as well as reaching 25% of agricultural land under organic farming, and ensuring 100% access to fast broadband in rural areas by 2025.
Eco scheme Intensified diversity of agricultural land is an intervention within the framework of production-unrelated direct payments, which is paid out in the form of an additional payment to the basic income support. Crop diversity represents an extended form of green practice, which was applied only on arable land. With the aim of increasing the overall diversity of agricultural land, which provides a significant contribution to climate goals and the mosaic of the agricultural landscape and the preservation of biodiversity, the intervention is carried out on all types of agricultural land use.
Obligations of the user
- Maintenance of pastures and karst pastures by compulsory grazing of owned and/or owned livestock, with 0.3 to 1.0 UG/ha of sheep and/or goats and/or cattle and/or ungulates.
- Implementation of mandatory grazing in the period until October 1 of the current year.
- Creation of an annual grazing plan for each ARKOD plot of pasture and karst pasture within the framework of mandatory individual counseling of farmers.
- Keeping records on the implementation of all activities in individual categories (pastures, karst pastures) according to the prescribed form.
- The user must submit the record form to the Agency for Payments in Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development by December 31 in the year of application.
- Sowing pastures and karst pastures is not allowed.
- The use of mineral fertilizers or manure is prohibited.
- The use of plant protection products is prohibited.
- Hydromelioration procedures are prohibited.
- On the surfaces of karst pastures, in order to maintain them, it is necessary to manually remove unwanted vegetation.
Form and intensity of support
Support is granted in the form of reimbursement of additional costs and loss of income resulting from the assumed obligations, to the user who assumes the annual obligation.
The minimum planned unit amount of support is EUR 90.00/ha.
The maximum planned unit amount of support is EUR 100.00/ha.
Total allocation: EUR 9,684,000.00.